(PEP)五年级上册小学英语《Unit 4 What can you do C》优秀教案_88
PEP 5 What can you do PB Read and write& others 教案 Teaching aims： 1. Ss can read the short texts and answer the questions given on the book by using “I can ….” “I can’t ….” “He/ she can ….” “He/ she can’t ….” 2. Ss can understand the short listening part of dialogues and complete the tasks given by the books and fill in the blanks. 3. According to the story given in the class, Ss will review the key words and sentence structures and will have a good understanding of what they and their friends can do.
Teaching difficult points： 1. Ss will listen to and read the short texts and answer the questions given on the book by using “I can ….” “I can’t ….” “He/ she can ….” “He/ she can’t ….” 2. According to the story given in the class, Ss will review the key words and sentence structures and will have a good understanding of what they and their friends can do.
Teaching procedures” Step1. Warm up 1) Greeting T：Good morning, boys and girls. Let’s sing and do, OK?
2) Free talk T： What can you do?
Who is your good friend/maths teacher？What can she/ he do? What can your mother/ sister do? Ss： He/ She can …. T： Can you …? S1： Yes, I can. No, I can’t.
Step2 Preview 1) Let’s talk T： Now it’s time for you to talk about the things you and your partner can do.
Ready, go! A： What can you do? B： I can …. A： What can your friend/ mother/ father/ English teacher do? B： He/ She can …. A： Can he/ she …? B： Yes, he/ she can. No, he/ she can’t.
2) Let’s play—Guessing games. T： Now let’s play a guessing game. And boys and girls, you are going to have a PK. OK?
Here is an example. He’s a strong and tall man. He can jump and fly. He can swim and speak English. He saves a lot of people.
Who’s he? He’s superman. 1. She’s beautiful and kind. She can sing and dance. She can cook, read books and wash clothes. (White Snow) 2. He’s fat and short. He can do kung fu and cook. He’s an animal. (kung fu Panda) 3. He can speak English and Chinese. He can do some kung fu and play ping-pong. But he can’t swim. He has a computer in his head. (Robin)
Step3 Presentation 1) Listen and say. T： Listen and try to say what Robin can do. Tape： Hello, this is my good robot, Robin. He’s ______ and _____. He can __________ and ___________ English _______. He can play _______. But he can’t ______. I’m going to Beijing. So would you like to be his friend to company him? Thanks. (friendly funny dance sing songs ping-pong swim)
2) Listen and tick or cross. T： Robin wrote an email on the net. Please read and tick or cross.
First, read by yourself and then read with your partner Then, try to help each other.
3) Let’s check the answer.
4) Write T： Look, Robin is waiting for his new friend. Would you like to be his friend? What can you do? Can you … with him? Thank you. 1. I can ______________. 2. I can’t ____________. 3. _________________.
5) Let’s check T： Look, now Robin has many friends. And they play basketball together on Mondays. They play football together on Tuesdays. They play ping-pong together on Thursdays. They play tennis together on Sundays. Robin： I can do a lot of sports. I have many friends and they are my teachers, too.
They teach me to play sports. I’m very happy. Do you know my ping-pong teacher? Do you know my football teacher? Please listen and tick or cross. John： I can play basketball. Can you, Zhang Peng? Zhnag Peng： No, I can’t. John： What can you do? Zhang Peng： I can play ping-pong. Can you?
John： Yes, of course! Zhang Peng： Let’s play ping-pong together! John： Great!
6) Listen again and fill in the blank.
7) Talent show T： Different people can do different things. Policeman： I can play basketball. nurse： I can play the erhu. maths teacher： I can play football. Doctor： I can play ping-pong. Swimmer： I can play the pipa. Cleaner： I can play the piano. All： We are happy and we like to make friends.
8) Let’s wrap it up T： What can you find? Look and write. Can you play the ______? Can you play _____?
Step4Story time Snake： I’m hungry. Mmm… Mouse： I’m hot. I can swim. Snake： Here comes some tasty food. Now I can eat.
Mouse： Oh, no! Dear snake, wait a minute. I can do things for you. Snake： What can you do? Can you sing? Mouse： Yes, I can.
Snake： Can you dance? Mouse： Yes, I can. Let me go. Then I can dance for you.
Snake： Let me see. There is a lake near here. Can you swim? Mouse： No! Don’t throw me into the lake, please!
Rat： Ha-ha! Silly snake! Now I can swim away! Bye.
9) Let’s act it out! Step5 Homework T： This is today’s homework! 1. Read the story after the tape on your book P45 for 5times. 2. Try to act the story out with your partner. 3. Finish your workbook.